cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sony xperia z cracked sreen

Anonymous
Not applicable

i looked at my phone for a text and literally put phone in pocket and few minutes later pulled it out to a crack on screen and top half of phone no touch sensor, how do i go about getting this sorted out?

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
In your example the vehicle would go back to the manufacturer for investigation, which is exactly what I have advised you to do with your phone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 21 of 28

prev
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
It may need to go to the manufacturer to look at but the dealer you bought the car from would deal with it.

The phone may be Sony but the contract and sale is between O2 and the customer. The law (eg sales of goods acts and EU directives) applies to the retailer not the manufacturer.
Message 22 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi had my xperia z3 for three weeks, sat it on table it was fine had bath an when I came out screen was cracked I believe sony are selling sub standard s**t and o2 also,they both know there are problems with the z range and are not informing customers which is a downright disgrace, I will NOT be paying them another 200 quid to fix a problem that in all probability can happen again to the repaired unit so I will be giving o2 the option of taking this crap back and exchanging it for a different make and model of my choosing (as I have no faith now in SONY) to the same value or I will be cancelling my contract, stopping my direct debit, I will acknowledge the debt but will decline to pay until they take me to court where I will present my case that both companies are ripping people off, I will make sure that this will recieve high media and internet coverage and will hope to shame or embarrass them into relooking at all sony z series cracked screens and reimburse where appropriate, I have also copied and saved threads of all sony cracked screen comments off this and other forums wich will serve, in me, proving that O2 are blatantly lying about not having complaints about this problem, POWER TO THE PEOPLE

Message 23 of 28

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Approach customer service first and follow up with a complaint using the online form link in my signature.

I can understand you are upset but give them a chance first.

If you get no joy I would be dealing directly with Sony. If it's an inherent fault I'm sure they will put things right.

let us know how you get on.

Message 24 of 28

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

And please do NOT cancel your direct debit until you have done as Jonsie suggests. Only one loser if you do cancel...that will be yourself. You could end up being blacklisted on your credit file. A default that lasts for 6 years...

It must be frustrating and we can see you are angry....but do not do anything rash...:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 25 of 28

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Sony admitted the issue was effecting the Z1 and agreed to replace any screens FOC that had this fault. This is the kind of fault that should definitely be sent back to Sony for investigation.
Ps. O2 won't take you to court, they will just blacklist you and pass on your debt as you have been warned above.
Take the correct course of action and you have a chance of resolution but your proposal will just land you in grief.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 26 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
As MI5 and Cleoriff amongst others have said, whilst it is clunky and cumbersome there is a solution in sight if you follow the correct process. It isn't ideal. You have to do much of the running. But it is the process never the less.

Please please please do not cancel your direct debit without o2 approval. I have spent significant time helping people who have lost out on mortgages after they failed to pay o2 as little as just £12. Believe me it really isn't worth the aggro.
Message 27 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not really sure it's O2's fault that someone elses product broke? 

Message 28 of 28