cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sms to mms

Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's the situation,

Apparently when you send a basic text message but using 1 of those silly little emotions at the end of it, it changes your sms to a mms. Well unfortunately for me I only discovered that when my monthly bill came in at £93 instead of £40.

Tbh I didn't even know what a mms or sms was till I searched it up colour me technological unadvanced but I thought a text was a text and a media text had mass body like a picture or video not a stupid emotions smiley. What I found out to my disgust was that little smiley face thing costs 33p per message and massed up a total of £53. I had unlimited texts and I thought a mms message meant the other didn't have a andriod phone and it was kinda like an imessage (long time iPhone user)

So is O2 gonna make me pay this extra charge for something I knew nothing of or could do anything about? How about a heads up saying this will send as a mms and charge you money. Or a simply do you want to pay the extra 33p in a pop up...so annoyed. Need to be a rocket sciencest to understand phones nowdays

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm either gonna ring them tomorrow or pop into an O2 store. Maybe both undecided as of this moment.

Yeah first time it's ever happened, some lass started doing it so I was doing it back just to be polite and my politeness could cost me an additional £50, I've learned a lesson though, never be nice always be a **bleep**...at all times
Message 11 of 24

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144198 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions
When I think of the money I've wasted on women over the years..... makes me shudder lol slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
Guess most of us fellas and a few ladies could own up to that but hey you only live once and you can't take it with you @MI5
Message 13 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
Personally I am not sure going into store will be that much help. I think they will just call CS!!!!

Your shout but I would call first and see how you get on explaining that the update was the cause and you weren't notified etc.

Please let us know how you get on
Message 14 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
When I think of the money I've wasted on women over the years..... makes me shudder lol slight_smile

Ooh I just bet they loved all those wasted smilies. You would have spent less money buying flowers!

LOL LOL LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 24

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@MI5 wrote:

Ooh I just bet they loved all those wasted smilies. You would have spent less money buying flowers!

LOL LOL LOL

Good job you ain't in Thailand then MI5!

Message 16 of 24

MI5
  • 144198 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions
Yeah, well it wasn't just smilies and flowers either 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 17 of 24

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Do let us know if you get any sort of refund from O2 hopefully you will slight_smile
Message 19 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well I rung the CS on the 202. The guy who answered the phone kinda just said nothing we can do and that it's samsung who built the phone to operate like that but I pestered him till he put me on to the manager. This is where it gets very confusing as he was an Indian sounding fella and I'm broad geordie...from what I can tell they will met me half way on the bill and so it doesn't happen again they added some bolt on to my tariff. I couldn't understand what the bolt on was because I couldn't understand him so I just accepted it, it's got to be a bonus so I didn't mind.. I just didn't want to pay the full £93.

To summarise my expierence never send smileys, a simple x will surmise. I spent £50 on smileys and didn't even get my leg, would of been better off just slipping smileys of the frozen variety through her letter box.
Message 20 of 24