cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sms to mms

Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's the situation,

Apparently when you send a basic text message but using 1 of those silly little emotions at the end of it, it changes your sms to a mms. Well unfortunately for me I only discovered that when my monthly bill came in at £93 instead of £40.

Tbh I didn't even know what a mms or sms was till I searched it up colour me technological unadvanced but I thought a text was a text and a media text had mass body like a picture or video not a stupid emotions smiley. What I found out to my disgust was that little smiley face thing costs 33p per message and massed up a total of £53. I had unlimited texts and I thought a mms message meant the other didn't have a andriod phone and it was kinda like an imessage (long time iPhone user)

So is O2 gonna make me pay this extra charge for something I knew nothing of or could do anything about? How about a heads up saying this will send as a mms and charge you money. Or a simply do you want to pay the extra 33p in a pop up...so annoyed. Need to be a rocket sciencest to understand phones nowdays

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's a result at least the bolt on I suspect will be the only one they do which is 50mms for £5.11 per month but sounds like they may have added it free of charge but you may want to check this it should show up in bolt ons in my O2 within 24 hours if it's got a price next to it you will be paying but it may say free then your laughing slight_smile
Message 21 of 24

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
They will have added the MMS bolt on to your account.
https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/tariffs/bolt-ons
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 22 of 24

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Glad you got some sort of resolution... it would have been cheaper sending a bunch of flowers and probably achieved whatever you had in mindLOL

Message 23 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
A romantic 3 course meal would have been cheaper slight_smile
Message 24 of 24