cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

samsung s4 5.0.1 upgrade issues

Anonymous
Not applicable
My Samsung S4 has been having problems ever since I upgraded to 5.0.1

As an example, my battery no longer seems to register a true reading. It will show around 50% (this fjgure varies) then turn itself off, only to then show 1%.
I also get regular messages saying that the sim has been removed and the phone must reboot.

I also get various other error messages such as one telling me that recommended apps has stopped working whenever I plug my earphones in.

I've tried factory resets and reseating the battery and sim, but no luck. The update has made my phone almost useless now
Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Is the battery still "flat" or does it bulge?
If it bulges, call Samsung and they will arrange a replacement battery to be sent to you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Is the battery still "flat" or does it bulge?
If it bulges, call Samsung and they will arrange a replacement battery to be sent to you.

Message 2 of 13

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Another bulging battery - The Lollipop updates appears to hammer the battery and if marginal will send it over the edge!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 13

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
That's what I'm thinking,
When a heavy load is pulled from the battery, they heat up and those batteries that were on the fringe of the bulge are now fully bulging.
The lollipop update is a serious drain on power as the Cpu is full pelt converting everything over.
Message 5 of 13

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Yep, makes perfect sense and I guess we'll see a few more too.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Yep, makes perfect sense and I guess we'll see a few more too.

You know from an impartial perspective....I can't help thinking if there were more iPhone users on this forum they may well be 'dissing' this Lollipop update...in the same way we laughed at all of Apples recent updates  Whistle

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 13

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Nah only one model effected, already identified, and fully supported by Samsung.
Message 8 of 13

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
It's not Lollipop that's the problem tho - It's an already known faulty batch of batteries.....
It's not like Apple ever had to do a battery recall wink

Currently using:
Message 9 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

If I was in the slightest bit interested in getting slapped down again...I may, for the sake of balance, point out there have been more than battery issues....

However, as I am not in line for a slap...I won't bother. LOL

I will also point out that my membership to the Android army is fully paid up... thank you Happy Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 13