cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

samsung galaxy S3

Anonymous
Not applicable

daughters phone - battery problems????   screen flickers and freezes at 40 % and then turns itself off, not able to turn back on unless recharged,  does not hold charge, with wifi on lasts 4 hours max, otherwise needs charging 3 times daily (minimum), if nothing being used lasts 5 hours max.   HELP??????  thanks  (nothing running background)

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

I'm wondering if it's suffering from the bulging battery issue. Take it out and see if it swivels on a flat surface.

If you can try another official authentic battery in it too.

Edit : You may need to approach http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/ to get help. They would want the phone and battery sending off so make sure you take time / date stamped photos of the phone to show its condition.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

I'm wondering if it's suffering from the bulging battery issue. Take it out and see if it swivels on a flat surface.

If you can try another official authentic battery in it too.

Edit : You may need to approach http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/ to get help. They would want the phone and battery sending off so make sure you take time / date stamped photos of the phone to show its condition.
Message 2 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122830 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

I have an S3 and the same thing happened to me. I tried a number of things and ended up getting a new Samsung approved battery and it seemed to resolve my problem ...

Just wondering...how old is the S3?...I ask that question as it could be a hardware fault....?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Had the same issue after updating to 4.3. Maybe the software is causing you the same issue
Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

phone is a year old. thanks 

Message 5 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122830 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

phone is a year old. thanks 

I would firstly remove the battery and lay it on a flat surface. If there is a problem you will see a slight bulge and the battery can spin a little when touched. This is the easiest thing to try. If it is bulging or can be moved...that's mote likely to be your problem and you need a new battery

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
I hope the tips and advice given have helped steer you to what you can do next tibnet 😄
Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

great tips many thanks x

Message 8 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144193 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions
Remember, if required, you have a 2 year warranty too. slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 10

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

If the battery proves ok maybe a factory reset will help, especially if it's running 4.3

Message 10 of 10