Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

s6 help please

Poppysmum
Level 19: Quirky
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

My alarm went off on my S6 this morning .

I went to turn it of and the phone is flashing samsung white and wont turn off or on.

Help please how do i get my phone working again.

Message 1 of 15
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Poppysmum
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions
More info
BouncyBouncyTook phone to O2 shop in Spindles Oldham
Nice man forgot to ask his name sorry Toby.

He took phone off me and by this time phone was hot.

Nice man said phone had gone into recovery mode and he could fix it but warned me i could lose all my stuff i told him all contacts on sim card and other stuff backed up on laptop slight_smile

He kept pressing on front and back and eventually he got it to kick start so switched phone and back on.

I asked him why it had done this and he said because i hadnt updated my stuff in google store 😞
So i told him i would soon as i got home which i am doing now slight_smile

Asked him what he actually did and he said it shouldnt happen again if i check for updates everyday and update. But if it did best go 02 shop slight_smile

Thanks for trying to help me this morning @jonsieand @MI5 Thanks!

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Try to press and hold the power button on the middle right side of your Galaxy S6 and the volume down key, simultaneously for seven seconds. The phone should reboot.

Message 2 of 15

MI5
  • 143456 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Just hold the power key - no need to hold volume key too. A good 10-20 secs may be required.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 15

Poppysmum
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

Not working the power key just flashing on for a second before it goes off then least 10 secs before it comes back on 😞

Message 4 of 15

Poppysmum
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

Think i nip to o2 shop before work . Promise i wont let them send it in for repair if they wont do anything i will go to Argos where phone came from and see what they say . I keep trying with power button plus volume but no not doing anything

Message 5 of 15

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Bedroom window then launch...open the window first LOL

Seriously, if Argos want to send it way then contactvDamsung. They will collect via UPS and return it the same way.

Message 6 of 15

MI5
  • 143456 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Argos are usually pretty good - Took a faulty games console back after 11 months and they changed it on the spot - no questions asked.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 15

Poppysmum
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions
More info
BouncyBouncyTook phone to O2 shop in Spindles Oldham
Nice man forgot to ask his name sorry Toby.

He took phone off me and by this time phone was hot.

Nice man said phone had gone into recovery mode and he could fix it but warned me i could lose all my stuff i told him all contacts on sim card and other stuff backed up on laptop slight_smile

He kept pressing on front and back and eventually he got it to kick start so switched phone and back on.

I asked him why it had done this and he said because i hadnt updated my stuff in google store 😞
So i told him i would soon as i got home which i am doing now slight_smile

Asked him what he actually did and he said it shouldnt happen again if i check for updates everyday and update. But if it did best go 02 shop slight_smile

Thanks for trying to help me this morning @jonsieand @MI5 Thanks!

Message 8 of 15

Poppysmum
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

Sorry dont know how above hidden in a spoiler Smiley Embarassed

Message 9 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122385 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

So pleased it's sorted now @Poppysmum. Good that you got someone so willing to help. Thanks for reporting back...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 15