cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

s3 4.3 update

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was one of the 'lucky' people to catch the upgrade to 4.3. 

I've now disabled the smartstay & have been rebooting my phone after i have made any use of the GPS - this is keeping the battery life ok, but I still get dropouts when playing media files & the wake up is occasionally sluggish.

I'd be interested to know if anyone has heard any info other than the comment from samsung that they are investigating.

I'm undecided whether to reset my phone back to 4.1.2, although I have no idea how to do it, if it's going to be months until a fix then I guess it would be worth doing. Anyone heard ANYTHING? I'm not at all interested to hear about disgruntled users - these things happen & I'm sure the poor overworked developers are doing everything than can to fix the faults the test team failed to spot. 

Message 1 of 66
65 REPLIES 65

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144182 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Nothing definitive as yet......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 61 of 66

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
Not seen a changelog but I guess it will address some of the WiFi bugs....?
I always use AOSP based ROM's as I find them the most stable but there are many to choose from for the S3.
Try something like "SuperNexus", just search on XDA for it.

Ok dokey for those who have the "wifi is unstable error" coming up, I managed to clear this by wiping the cache a second time. I did do a factory reset and clear after doing the software update. However since wiping the cache in recovery mode the error has gone. I shall now hold judgement to be fair on this.  Point to note my wife`s S3 got the update eventually as well and exhibits the same wifi bug. Going to try the fix on hers and see how it goes.

Message 62 of 66

MI5
  • 144182 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
I suggested it on another thread (wiping cache) but it doesn't seem to work for everyone.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 63 of 66

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
I suggested it on another thread (wiping cache) but it doesn't seem to work for everyone.....

I would have assumed that a hard reset would have cleared the cache too?

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 64 of 66

MI5
  • 144182 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
It should but sometimes needs doing a coupe of times.

Currently using:
Message 65 of 66

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Cheers MI5.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 66 of 66