cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rouge mms

Anonymous
Not applicable
My s3 started randomly opening and closing apps so I did reboot. When it started again it sent a random mms to a number 157 times over a weekend . Spoke to an advisor who said sim faulty would send a new one which did fix it. 3 different advisers said that my account would be credited as not my fault now they are saying they won't do it.it is now being sent to an investigator Anyone else had issues like this
Message 1 of 15
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Talking to them via 202 is the swiftest way.

The complaint form can take up to 7 days to be responded to.

😞

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144296 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
The notes should be on your account to say you will be credited.
If you don't get any luck put a complaint in writing.....
http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Certainly a strange one and I'm glad a sim swap helped.

slight_smile
Message 3 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
It did help but not good they are charging me £57 for texts that were not sent by me. Hopefully I will get the answer I need
Message 4 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Talking to them via 202 is the swiftest way.

The complaint form can take up to 7 days to be responded to.

😞
Message 5 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just for my further education - is it possible for a SIM to go rogue and start sending out messages unknown to the phone owner/user?  I am not speaking about this particular case - just generally.   I thought such things only happened when some sort of virus or malware got on to a phone rather than some defect developing in the SIM (which I naively thought was more in the nature of a database containing information about the subscriber, mobile number, tariffs etc.)

Gerry

Message 6 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Gerry

Yes it's happened before when the SIM card has malfunctioned.

It can send texts to people in the phone or sim contacts.

Typically a sim swap rectifies this.
Message 7 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144296 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

It's not something that I have personally experienced or heard of before (with regard to MMS) but I had a sim go faulty on Orange that racked up some massive data use before it finally fried itself............

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous   @MI5    This is frightening. What with SIM cards going off the rails, third party cables under suspicion and chargers spontaneously bursting into flame I am going to be a nervous wreck before long.

Anyone got any good news to share?

Horrified

Gerry

Message 9 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
The new iPhone should be out soon.

wink
Message 10 of 15