cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

retrieving contacts from older larger sim and upgrading to nano sim card

Anonymous
Not applicable
Upgraded yesterday. Can't read phone contacts on old phone's sim card as they were saved to sim not phone. New phone has nano card. Shop, online chat, and telephone customer services have been unable to help. I need my phone numbers any ideas please
Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Finally got through to someone in customer services who could help. Old sim was reactivated. It happened immediately. Downloaded all the contacts. Lady rang me on landline and "swapped" activation back to new phone. Now got no coverage from either phone! If I had know that this would have happened I would downloaded before upgrading. Lesson learnt. Perhaps o2 sales staff in shop could check that with customer before upgrade. Thanks for all your suggestions

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

You could try syncing your contacts with your email and then import them on your new phone?

Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's phone numbers that are "missing"
Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

"ok"!!

Some shops have sim cutters.....they can cut the sim card down to Nano size for you to then pop in the handset and copy numbers over.

Message 4 of 10

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Presumably you have transferred the number to your new sim card meaning the old sim now has no service?

Message 5 of 10

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
What phone did you have previously and what is your new phone?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Did you back up to iTunes or gmail before you upgraded as if you did t, I'm afraid they might be lost
Message 7 of 10

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Nah, don't panic. They won't be lost forever...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Finally got through to someone in customer services who could help. Old sim was reactivated. It happened immediately. Downloaded all the contacts. Lady rang me on landline and "swapped" activation back to new phone. Now got no coverage from either phone! If I had know that this would have happened I would downloaded before upgrading. Lesson learnt. Perhaps o2 sales staff in shop could check that with customer before upgrade. Thanks for all your suggestions
Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Maybe the new sim is still in the re activation process, try turning your phone on & off to check if you have signal
Message 10 of 10