cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phoned blocked or broken?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone had their phone blocked because they had thought it was stolen, then unblocked because they found it? If so... what is supposed to happen? I have a htc 1 mini 2... i cant switch it on at all? Not even so i cant use it, but completely  blank screen... all since i had it blocked then unblocked... i dont know what to do.. who to contact or how long to wait... any advice? Xx

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
Nope, nothing different.
If it won't turn on and the battery is fully charged it's broke.
Just make sure it is fully charged and then hold the power button for a long time, say 20-30 secs. If still nothing it's a repair or replace.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 19

jonsie
  • 93233 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

Definitely sounds broken. You say you may have dropped it, I presume that's in the place you found it?

Message 12 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

As it happens (and as more is revealed) it certainly appears the phone 'is broken' .Initially I was answering the question posted about lost phones with bars placed on them by O2...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 19

MI5
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
It would still turn on even if barred.
After checking all I suggested above, you could try a warranty repair (if still under warranty) but I suggest you contact HTC directly rather than O2 repairers.
http://www.htc.com/uk/contact/phone/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 14 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks... i contacted htc... definitely broken.. they are picking it up thursday... then it can take 10 days to repair it... and there will probably be a cost... all because i left my phone in a car over night... and thought it had been stolen so got it barred... its rediculous really.. im guessing it fell off my knee then got knocked about a tad when i was driving... but im only a middle aged woman in a matiz... not a boy racer! Lol

Message 15 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
And it was in a protective case!
Message 16 of 19

MI5
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
Hopefully its just a loose wire and will be cheap to repair slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 17 of 19

jonsie
  • 93233 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions
Message 18 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

What a lovely (mad) story @Anonymous

Fell off your knee when driving...you reported it lost...got it barred....and now it's broken anyway

Sorry to giggle but it sounds like something I would do.....LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 19