cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phoned blocked or broken?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone had their phone blocked because they had thought it was stolen, then unblocked because they found it? If so... what is supposed to happen? I have a htc 1 mini 2... i cant switch it on at all? Not even so i cant use it, but completely  blank screen... all since i had it blocked then unblocked... i dont know what to do.. who to contact or how long to wait... any advice? Xx

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

You have to contact O2 CS and ask them to lift the bar on the phone.

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus  You will need to prove that the phone is yours though as you could be anyone ringing them to get this bar lifted.

They will usually ask you for the IMEI number of the phone....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
They already said they lifted it... does it take long? And is it really not supposed to switch on at all? X
Message 3 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Are you still using the same sim? The sim was probably barred along with the handset....so you may need a new one.

I cant understand why it wont switch on unless it has been damaged....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh dear... it must be broken then... what a massive expensive time consuming pain... must have dropped it when i thought it had been stolen... thanks.. at least i wont waste even more time tomorrow waiting for it to start working... x
Message 5 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
And yes... sim on route because they couldnt cancel
Message 6 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

I would suggest you give it a good charge and when the sim arrives, pop that in and see what happens then.

Have you got insurance on the phone? If so, you could claim for another one if this phone fails to work after you have tried everything else...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
If it doesnt work in a few days when sim comes... i can try and claim on my contents insurance.. but it doesnt look hopeful.. as you said why wouldnt it switch on just because phone and sim were blocked.. then unblocked... x
Message 8 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just googled it... now im sure its broken, as most people seem to get an error message when their phone is blocked.. not be unable to switch it on... and i dont think i can wait three days for sim to arrive before i start to try and sort insurance... god i wish replacing phones was easier... they always seem to break when im waiting for an important call... then take weeks to be replaced... i dont know what i do wrong.. 

Message 9 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Please please if anyone knows any different please let me know... x
Message 10 of 19