cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone stolen

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

My phone was stolen on Saturday night, its a contract phone but I did not have any insurance, samsung S4 mini. I am wondering what the steps are to resolve the issue, has this happened to anybody and what did you do? Your advice would be greatly appreciated, Thanks Gina.

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144319 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Have you contacted O2 to get the phone and sim blocked?
If not, do this immediately as you are liable for any calls that are made until you do.
http://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-and-devices/lost-or-stolen-device
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
  • 144319 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Have you contacted O2 to get the phone and sim blocked?
If not, do this immediately as you are liable for any calls that are made until you do.
http://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-and-devices/lost-or-stolen-device
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 9

jonsie
  • 93227 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

As you are liable for any charges until the phone is reported lost and blocked to O2 I'm hoping you already have done.

Check home contents or bank accounts for insurance for personal iutems.

You will have to get a replacement phone otherwise at your own cost and get a replacement sim from O2 to carry on your contract.

Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
As has been touched on above, you will still b3 liable for your contract, including paying off the handset where applicable either via refresh or on an existing 24 month contract.

O2 once notified will block your existing sim and imei on the phone that has been stolen but you are likely to be liable for call and other charges until you notify of the theft. PLEASE DO THIS IMMEDIATELY.
Message 4 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23070 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

Apart from notifying O2 of the theft, it's also advisable to notify the police with the make, model, and IMEI number of the phone, if you have it.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Some Police forces will not issue a crime number relating to the Theft until the IMEI has been provided. Without a crime reference you will be unlikely to claim on any insurance you may have.

Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
My phone was stolen ive reported it will i still have to pay the rest of my contract
Message 7 of 9

jonsie
  • 93227 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Yes you will, O2 will supply another sim card to use but you will have to pay for another phone if you don't have insurance. Check home contents insurance or bank account insurance.

Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 144319 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Your account will be blocked for your own security too so you will need to call cs to have it lifted when you start to use the replacement sim.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 9