cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone barred

Anonymous
Not applicable

My wife lost her payg HTC phone and told 02. They barred her phone. She then found her phone in a shop and asked 02 to unbar it. So far,three days later and having been assured by two different people online, that her phone would be OK soon, she is still without a working phone. I am housebound and a mobile is essential. We are going to buy two new payg phones with a different provider because of the awful service.

Message 1 of 16
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi ya, 

I had this issue once a few years back, you may need to take the sim card out leave it out for a couple of mins then put it back in and this may sort this as this logs the phone completely off the network and then logs it back on... try that and if that fails then get back onto CS, I hope this helps.. 

Jay 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi ya, 

I had this issue once a few years back, you may need to take the sim card out leave it out for a couple of mins then put it back in and this may sort this as this logs the phone completely off the network and then logs it back on... try that and if that fails then get back onto CS, I hope this helps.. 

Jay 

Message 2 of 16

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93156 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

They can bar it in an instance. Unfortunately it can typically take a week to remove the bar...

Message 3 of 16

MI5
  • 144074 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Also make sure the account block has been removed too (They apply 2 separate blocks - one to phone and one to account)
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Also make sure the account block has been removed too (They apply 2 separate blocks - one to phone and one to account)

I never knew that Rich??? I thought it was just the phone that got barred. I have learnt something new today!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 16

MI5
  • 144074 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Stops someone removing your sim and using it in another phone to rack up huge bills on your account.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Stops someone removing your sim and using it in another phone to rack up huge bills on your account.

Well as I say I have learnt something new. Thank you slight_smile

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well this is the real answer .First, as I said, it's PAYG phone, so no personal account to be blocked. They DONT taka a week to unbar. It's simply that the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing. The first person who barred the SIM, immediately dispatched a new card with the same details, number, contacts,credit etc.

When my wife found her phone and asked for the bar to be removed, both "gurus" were busy unbarring a SIM card which was in the post to our home address (where we are not!). Finally she talked to a lady who immediately spotted the details from my wife's 02 payg details, and started the unbarring process. It can take up to 24 hours maximum, but I think that is because it has to go through the system where the instruction to unbar might not be given until next working day? (Don't ask). She said she would start right away and the phone would be working in 4 hours. Seems like a lot depends on who you contact.;-)

Message 8 of 16

MI5
  • 144074 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
So it was the account that was barred then?

Currently using:
Message 9 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

No _there is no account,they just blocked the sim, then issued a new one. 

Message 10 of 16