cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 sim card is not working in my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone

I was wondering if I could get some help.

I have Samsung tablet Galaxy 10.1 3G and I bought business sim card for a mobile broadband for it last Thursday.

I insert the card into tablet and its just not working (tablet doesnt recognize it).

I was told on the phone by o2 that the sim card is working. 

I dont know what Im doing wrong. I did restart tablet with or without card and then insert it bus nothing seem to work.

Thanks in advance

Mini Mo

Message 1 of 23
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys for help. I will have to go to o2 store and maybe check if the card will work in other tablet. If yes, then its my tablet and I will have to send it back to Amazon 😞

View solution in original post

Message 20 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
I don't think you can activate the SIM in the Tab. You'll need to put it into a phone first to activate it properly as the Tab can't receive text messages that are required for activation.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

the sim card works on my phone. How should I activate it on my phone?

Message 3 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was just told by o2 guru that if I can use the sim on my phone, then it means its active. 

Message 4 of 23

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

If your sim card is activated on your phone, it doesn't need to be activated on the tablet. Try inserting the sim card into the tablet with the tablet turned off, then turn the tablet on.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 23

MI5
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
If it works in the phone (I assume you mean data) then it must be an issue with the Tab. Have you got the O2 APN's set in network settings?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

I dfont know. How do I do this?

Message 7 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just checked and it says on my phone that it is connected to o2

Message 8 of 23

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

Have you tried putting the sim card in the tablet with the tablet turned off, then turning it on? I have a tablet and that's how I have to do it. It's not a Samsung, but maybe the process is the same. Also make sure that the sim is being put into the tablet facing the correct way.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 9 of 23

MI5
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
On the Tab, look in settings >more >mobile networks >access point names and you need an O2 apn listed for it to connect to the data network.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 23