cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

note 3 lollipop bluetooth issues

Anonymous
Not applicable

Upgraded my note 3 t lollipop on Sunday and now I cant make any calls via my car kit. the car kit keeps saying dialling failed and the phone doesnt seem to try to make the call. I have deleted the paring and re-paired. The car kit says the phone is connected and recognises all the contacts but cant seem to get it to make any calls now. All was fine before the upgrade. Any ideas?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Have you got any other apps installed such as Skype, for example?
If there is another app that you can call from on the phone you will need to set a default application for the dialer to use.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 10

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Does it need to be registered as a trusted device?
Not sure on Samsung's menu where it would be or if it is even that, when I updated my z3 I had to add the Smartwatch as a trusted device (after pairing) to allow it to use the dialler.
It was in settings, security, trust agents on the Sony.
Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

No skype or other apps installed. Everything was fine until I did the update. The phone still connects but seems to ingore the make call command. Just tried the supplier in the uk where i bought the kit from a few years ago and they dont support them any more! Not a good day.

Message 4 of 10

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just re-paired it again and it didnt work so tried again and it did work. The only thing i did different was to stop the car kit from accessing audio files on the phone. Will try to see if it works ok again tomorrow.

I wish I had kept the old android version as well. I really dont like the look of lollipop at all.

Message 6 of 10

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I wish I had kept the old android version as well. I really dont like the look of lollipop at all.

It's Android so customize it, try Nova Launcher.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Still trying to get this sorted out. Its hit and miss as to wether or not it works. One thing I have noticed is that the car kit wont show the signal strength even though it shows on the phone ok then the car kit wont work for outgoing or incoming calls. The car kit shows the phone to be connecte and on the O2 network but doesnt seem to be getting the info routed from the phone.

Really struggling without the car kit. I dont know if its worth while going into O2 shop to see if they can do anything or not.

Another glitch I have is when I get a text message or email the phone will vibrate straight away but it can be up to 1 minute before the sound notification plays.

I really dont recommend getting lollipop.

Message 8 of 10

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I'm using mine in the car OK without any problems so I don't think it's a Lollipop issue in general.
Did you do a factory reset after the upgrade as you may have some conflicts in your system files?
You will need to back up the phone first if you don't have all your stuff sync'd to google or some other storage....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

An update to this problem. Still trying to get it fixed and totally pi55ed off now. Apparently its a known issue. Car kit manufacturer knows about problem with the 5.0 bluetooth and samsung have told me that an update to 5.0.2 has been released to operators but o2 cant tell me when it will be released so Im stuck with a phone i cant use properly.

I just bought the wife a new car and tried setting up the phone in it yesterday. Phone pairs ok but when trying to use it the car says that the "mobile device doesnt respond". No real surprise there.

Really hacked off. 

Message 10 of 10