cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no network coverage dorchester. dorset

Anonymous
Not applicable

first post for me here, for the last ten days apart from some of yesterday there has been no signal or coverage for me at dt12ls. i have sent msg on fb and been replied to that the engineers are working to repair a mast. on saturday i spoke to an advisor on live chat that told me all probems were repaired but they were not. so looking further into this do o2 advisors blatently tell you that problems are solved when they are not. i would much prefer to be told the truth good or bad than lied to what i feel has happened. status checker shows a mast not working but absolutely nothing on unplanned issues. i know where the nearest mast to me is and currently it is being scaffolded for repair and maintainance it is a victorian water tower. i believe this mast is turned off to protect workers from microwave radiation whitch is fair enough in my view but why no notification etc from o2. used to be a good company but seems now could not care at all but still take full money from your bank etc. i just want to know the truth tbh.

Message 1 of 40
39 REPLIES 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been complaining about this constantly for 3 weeks only, like charlie2, to be fobbed off with lies. Only when I complained via the BBC (see the earlier article). I walked to the mast to try to understand what was happening.

Even now in the article O2 are lying to the BBC.

"A spokesman for O2 said it did investigate temporary sites "when there is likely to be a continuous problem with service" but added it was a lengthy process and said the tower repairs were unlikely to continue "much longer". and yet they cannot give a date because in the same article Wessex Water say "Wessex Water described the planned repairs to the stonework of the Grade II-listed tower as "essential". Stonework repairs could take months. Wessex water must have a project plan, if they share that with O2 then the company could, if they wished start telling the truth about how long they are going to deny customers the service they are paying for.

The second lie by O2 was "He said information about "planned outages" was listed on the company's website and said the firm alerted customers, via text, about its own upgrade works "a few months in advance". That is simply a total fabrication. I am an O2 customer and did not get informed by text, nor did anyone in my office. The website only ever said that they were having problems with a mast, never about planned maintenance. 

If O2 are going to lie to the BBC then what hope do we customers have?

The added complication is that of the other phone companies, vodafones service is awful in the town and three, while great, is really poor in the surrounding areas, hence why O2 have so many customers they are now letting down.

😞 😞

Message 31 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

saying that temporary masts are not possible is a bit of a cop out the great dorset steam fair had one for this years show that lasts for 5 days. i also had no text msg to say about any of this. i fail to see how lying about this is in any way acceptable. seems as if o2 are saying oh its a little town in dorset they wont know about phone masts etc lets bluff our way through this.

Message 32 of 40

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93234 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions
Message 33 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable
This issue is still ongoing I have had a phone call over three weeks ago saying that works would be completed that weekend. I give up trying to get the truth from this broken company it seems beyond repair.
Message 34 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable
Keep on at them is the best advice.
Message 35 of 40

jonsie
  • 93234 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

Have you gone down the written complaint route. 3 weeks  is unacceptable and people have been allowed to leave without penalty in extreme circumstances. That's what I would be looking for. ...

Message 36 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable
As the mast is on private land (which most are) sometimes when things go wrong repairs planning may be outside of o2's hands. O2 won't want the mast down any longer than necessary.

Of course it is frustrating as service is not being delivered. O2 would not intentionally lie, I suspect there is a difference in interpretation about what has been said.

I would send a complain in via email to complaintreviewservice@o2.com noting that investigations can take up to 28 days (although normally it is half that) and if you are still not happy then go to the Ombudsman (note you cannot go to the Ombudsman until you have gone through the correct complaints process.

Good luck and sorry to hear things still aren't happening.
Message 37 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

i have emailed ceo office and had a phone call back saying that all would be back to normal that weekend and that i would get a free month, that was three weeks ago and still ongoing works are causing the mast to be powered down. i understand that mast needs turning off but as this is ongoing from about  25th september and all the first calls i made to o2 just ended up with being told there was repairs or parts needed for the mast when all along it was being switched off is what gets to me the most. being told the truth would of been more favorable to me than being lied to. i am not calling again to be told more lies and i am now looking to change provider.

Message 38 of 40

jonsie
  • 93234 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

Your best option to be honest, maybe your phone can be used then for what its designed for rather than an expensive camera/music player.

Message 39 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am the bearer of good news in relation to the Dorchester mast. Wessex Water have confirmed they have completed their works so the o2 issue should now be about to (if not already) be resolved. Please see attached link from the BBC

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-30392317
Message 40 of 40