cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no network coverage dorchester. dorset

Anonymous
Not applicable

first post for me here, for the last ten days apart from some of yesterday there has been no signal or coverage for me at dt12ls. i have sent msg on fb and been replied to that the engineers are working to repair a mast. on saturday i spoke to an advisor on live chat that told me all probems were repaired but they were not. so looking further into this do o2 advisors blatently tell you that problems are solved when they are not. i would much prefer to be told the truth good or bad than lied to what i feel has happened. status checker shows a mast not working but absolutely nothing on unplanned issues. i know where the nearest mast to me is and currently it is being scaffolded for repair and maintainance it is a victorian water tower. i believe this mast is turned off to protect workers from microwave radiation whitch is fair enough in my view but why no notification etc from o2. used to be a good company but seems now could not care at all but still take full money from your bank etc. i just want to know the truth tbh.

Message 1 of 40
39 REPLIES 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

yesterday though all was working fine then back this morning no network coverage again i dont think o2 will give any information out at all even the website for unexpected issues will not work probably massively overloaded what is strange as well is that tesco mobile seems to be working fine and they use the o2 network.

Message 11 of 40

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
That would suggest it's a server issue rather than a mast issue......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can give an end date if they are lying and it is not a repair but simply that the mast is turned off while the tower it is mounted on is maintained. Ergo maintenance end date = date service resumes.

Message 13 of 40

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions
Message 14 of 40

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
As the Tesco signal is still working it would suggest the mast is OK (as above) and more likely an issue behind the scenes with O2's servers, surely ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

still no network service here o2 even put a bit in the local paper saying sorry etc and that all would be fixed by 6 oclock that day, good i thought tried my phone o2 no network service comes up. what a poor excuse for a mobile service provider. can i leave o2 early and go to a provider that does have a clue how to operate a service without having to pay a penalty.

Message 16 of 40

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

You would have to go through the complaint process to see what O2 come back with. People have been allowed to leave without penalty, handing the phone back but you have to keep pushing them.

Message 17 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

this still isnt fixed how can i leave early and go to a service provider that does supply a service and not try and fob you off with lies and excuses that clearly is what o2 are now doing.

Message 18 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable
You would need to put your case in writing to http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain/complain

They may / may not ask for the handset back.
Message 19 of 40

Cleoriff
  • 122906 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

The problems the OP is talking about is covered here in a BBC news article. They have every right to be outraged I think...

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-dorset-29661054

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 20 of 40