cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nexus player

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey i just purchased a nexus player today and for some weird reason i can't purchase anything on the google play store on the nexus player, i can purchase stuff on my s5 but not the nexus player just keeps telling me "an error has occured. please try again later"

Any ideas why i can't buy stuff on my nexus player? I can redownload any stuff i have bought in the pasted but can't buy new stuff?
Message 1 of 24
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah, it seems that when i made a purchased from the google play store on the player using my google play credit that got the ball rolling for my debit card to be used making purchases through my nexus player, really strange but everything is working fine now, i wasn't able to make purchases either on the google play movies app neither on my nexus player till i used my google play credit first, which i only had 50p on... i bought a game for 40p using the credit then my debit card kicked in to play. Like i said before it was like google was blocking me from making purchases on my player till i used my credit

View solution in original post

Message 19 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122771 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Just wondering if you have linked it up/synced it properly to your Google account?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 24

MI5
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Try doing it on your PC and see if your device is registered or not.
Also check that Google Play services app is up to date.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah i have my google account linked up and i can download all my games i purchased ages ago on my google account but can't purchase anything new on my nexus player, i have tested it on my samsung s5 which is linked to the same google account and it's fine i just bought a game on my phone but can't on my nexus player
Message 4 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just checked my google play on the pc and it says my necus player was registered on 9th of may
Message 5 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
And i have google play store version 5.3.8 on my nexus player, i dunno if that's the latest version or not?
Message 6 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
I just checked the secruity on my google account, confirmed with google my nexus player is me but still can't buy anything... expressionless
Message 7 of 24

MI5
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Try the support site or contact Google https://support.google.com/nexus/?hl=en#topic=3415518
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 122771 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Try the support site or contact Google https://support.google.com/nexus/?hl=en#topic=3415518

Follow @MI5's advice. ^^^^^ I have searched Google and can't find anyone else having this problem...

Can you come back and let us know what they say?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, it's strange... it's like google is blocking me from making purchases on my nexus player
Message 10 of 24