cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new sim

Anonymous
Not applicable

need some help
I fitted an O2 international sim to my phone and it won't connect to any int numbers, in all other respects the phone works fine, been onto O2 and they cannot find a problem no bars have been placed on my phone.
I fitted the sim to another phone and it dialled internationally perfectly, I then fitted that phones sim to the HTC and it dialled out to international numbers, it seems mixture of fitting the new sim to my HTC causes the problem. O2 have sent me another new sim incase it was faulty, but the problem is still there,
has anybody any idea what my next move should be?

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Certainly a conundrum !

I assume theirs no particular settings within the phone that's causing issues with the new sim as by your own process of elimination the SIM card itself is not faulty.

Can you switch to just use the other phone for international calling.
Message 2 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

I could just switch to the other phone, but thats not why I ordered the sim in the first place. The other phone is not mine to use.

Message 3 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok. Just a thought.

I hope another member can think of a tip / remedy or its a glitch and resolves itself.
Message 4 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous , what htc is it?

Message 5 of 26

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144376 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
Is the other sim an o2 one?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wildfire

Message 7 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

Its a Tesco sim , but thats an O2

Message 8 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi. Tesco use the o2 network but they are not o2.
Message 9 of 26

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144376 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
It's O2 network but they don't go through O2 servers.
You need to ask CS to push the issue through the network team to look at for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 26