cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new sim activation time frame

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I upgraded my phone on Saturday 8th March 2014 and I needed a new sim as it takes a micro sized one. I've stayed on the same network (o2) because it was the best deal. How long does it take for a new sim card take to be activated? My old sim is still working in my old phone and its annoying having to take two phones around just in case it suddenly switched over.
Thanks Abbie

Community_STS_PAC2.png
Community_STS_1.png Community_STS_2.png

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous and Welcome to the Community Forum,

I assume you have not performed the swap my sim procedure yet ?

http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/

After doing this it can take up to 24 hours but is generally quicker.

The service will stop on your original sim card and then the process will start to transfer your number & Tariff to the new sized sim card. Keep turning your phone off and on with the new sim card in it to help the process.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous and Welcome to the Community Forum,

I assume you have not performed the swap my sim procedure yet ?

http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/

After doing this it can take up to 24 hours but is generally quicker.

The service will stop on your original sim card and then the process will start to transfer your number & Tariff to the new sized sim card. Keep turning your phone off and on with the new sim card in it to help the process.

Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @bandofbrothers. I wasn't aware I had to do this!! I've just done this so hopefully it'll activate soon.

Thank you for your help!!!
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
You're very welcome.

This is only required if your upgraded phone only takes another sized sim card like your situation and you don't want to use a sim adapter available from O2 stores for free. I opt not to use these as sometimes they don't sit right in the slots or sim trays.

Let us know how you get on.
Message 4 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Did you upgrade in an O2 shop as they should have done this for you?
It's only usually online upgrades that you need to do it yourself and it is stated in the welcome pack you should have got with the order when delivered....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5