cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need a new sim

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hiya I have a micro sim and now I have a new phone and need a nano one I have went and done the sim swap thing and don't have a nono sim what wil happen now and how wil I get a nano one. Thanks
Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous and welcome to the forum:smileyhappy:

I'm not sure how you could do a sim swap without the new nano sim as you would need the sim serial number so it's unlikely to have gone through.

In terms of speed your best option would be to call into the O2 store. They will provide a free sim and arrange the swap for you. It takes anything from a few minutes up to 24 hours.

Alternatively you can order one via customer service over the phone or online. It's sent via Royal Mail so possibly 3-4 days and then you would still need to do the sim swap.

Make sure you stipulate the type of sim you need as P&G and monthly contract sims differ.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous and welcome to the forum:smileyhappy:

I'm not sure how you could do a sim swap without the new nano sim as you would need the sim serial number so it's unlikely to have gone through.

In terms of speed your best option would be to call into the O2 store. They will provide a free sim and arrange the swap for you. It takes anything from a few minutes up to 24 hours.

Alternatively you can order one via customer service over the phone or online. It's sent via Royal Mail so possibly 3-4 days and then you would still need to do the sim swap.

Make sure you stipulate the type of sim you need as P&G and monthly contract sims differ.

Message 2 of 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Alternatively some high street shops offer a Sim Card cutting service so you can use your original SIM card.
Message 3 of 3