on 19-08-2013 21:11
I have spoken to an o2 guru online and followed all the advice they have given me.
I can only use the internet on wi-fi.
Would be very grateful if someone called help me
19-08-2013 21:24 - edited 19-08-2013 21:27
Some known remedies are to remove your Sim Card and give it a clean then re insert. If your services still do not return then another option is to pick up a correct sized blank SIM card from an 02 High-Street Store, and perform the sim swap procedure in-store, or carry out the process yourself at home.
It could take from approx a couple of hours to twenty four for your services to fully return. Turning your phone off and on throughout this period helps to reset things.
Also rule out that your handset itself is not at fault by trying your current Sim in another phone ,and check over your APN Settings.
If you contact 02 Customer Services from your mobile by dialling 202 for Pay Monthly Customers or 4445 for Payg Customers they will be able to check your account.
Live Chat are available for Low Level general enquiries ,but I personally wouldn't advise contacting this service for Account Enquiries.
Contract Customer Service Number
From your O2 mobile 202 Free
From a landline 0844 809 0202 5p / min†
Payg Customer Service
From your O2 mobile 4445 25p per call
From a landline 0844 809 0222 5p / min*
Monday-Friday 08:00 - 21:00
Saturday 08:00 - 20:00
Sunday 08:00 - 18:00
on 19-08-2013 21:36
Or if you feel the info on the service checker site about the masts may be wrong, then phone 02 on the numbers provided and challenge the masts status.
on 20-08-2013 11:54
Try these if you are pay monthly.
Entering an APN Manually
Please ensure that when entering O2 into the settings that the letter O is selected and not a zero.
When entering the following information do not press Save until told to in the instructions.
1. Tap the Applications key
2. Tap Settings
3. Tap Mobile network
4. Tap Access Point Names
5. Tap the 3 dots on the Top Right of the sceen
6. Tap New APN
7. Tap Name then tap the text box and enter O2 Pay Monthly then tap OK
8. Tap APN then tap the text box and enter wap.o2.co.uk then tap OK
9. Tap Proxy then tap the text box and enter 22.214.171.124 then tap OK
10. Tap Port then tap the text box and enter 8080 then tap OK
11. Tap Username then tap the text box and enter o2wap then tap OK
12. Tap Password then tap the text box and enter password then tap OK
13. Skip past Server as this is preset as Not set
14. Tap MMSC then tap the text box and enter http://mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk:8002 then tap OK
15. Tap MMS proxy then tap the text box and enter 126.96.36.199 then tap OK
16. Tap MMS port then tap the text box and enter 8080 then tap OK
17. Tap MCC then tap the text box and enter 234 then tap OK
18. Tap MNC then tap the text box and enter 10 then tap OK
19. Tap Authentication type and tap PAP
20. Tap APN type and type *
21. Press the 3 Dots on the Top Right of the screen
22. Tap Save
23. Tap the circle next to the new profile so a green dot appears in it
24. Press the Back key four times to return to the main menu.
25. Reboot the phone.