cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

loss of sound

Anonymous
Not applicable
My Galaxy Ace 4 keeps going mute. Restart brings back all sounds. Do I really have to restart every day or two? Is it a warranty issue because it sounds like software.
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm thinking a microphone maybe loose or wires not connected or broken so I think a hardware issue.

Send it to Samsung for repair, do not use O2 repairs, they don't have a good reputation
Message 2 of 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Unless you have an app that is resetting the sound profiles it sounds faulty although I've not heard of it before.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
It seems common on S4 S5 if you google it. Only solution is restart that I have read. I dont see how a restart would 100% every time fix a Hardware fault.
Message 4 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you tried a factory reset on the device if your certain it's a software issue
Message 5 of 14

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Personally I would send it to Samsung. Get it checked out under the warranty. Please don't deal with O2's shoddy repair service,  politely known as Anovo. 

It may be inconvenient but that's what I would be doing. 

Message 6 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes tried reset. Of course Google put everything back plus more from cloud backup. Ill try again without auto restore then talk to Samsung. Uk law says O2 must fix it but if anyone knows how to contact Samsung easily I'd be grateful.
Message 7 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 122923 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

This is the Samsung support website  http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/

Edit: Please read this help thread... It has a wealth of useful information as well as links to Samsung.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Guide-Differance-between-SOGA-and-warranty-exte...

(Credit to Adam Temperton)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks to all. I will leave the thread unsolved and come back with any resolution after trying all the above.
Message 9 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 122923 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks to all. I will leave the thread unsolved and come back with any resolution after trying all the above.

Best of luck with this. I am sure Samsung will provide all the support you need. There is a 2 year warranty on all their phones wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 14