Does anyone know when O2 will be updating the z1 compact with kitkat
Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

blighty59
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 30 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Will do, but have very slow rural broadband, and as its over a gb it could take sometime!

Message 11 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
Only observation so far is that the so-called 'quick settings' is now a swipe & tap instead of just a swipe. Not a biggie but a step backwards IMO
Message 12 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Kuno,
Have you encountered any of the issues on the Sony forum?
Message 13 of 27

didd1
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

only issue i can find is locksreen wallpaper will not change, everything else is good so far

Message 14 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
@wilpang, what issues would they be?
Message 15 of 27

blighty59
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 30 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So far so good, I have looked at the sony forums, and the issues raised, I have to say, I have had none of the problems.

Battery life is still good, 22:00 hrs until 06:00 hrs 2% drop in charge, no in call issues, infact my phone is perfroming exactly the same as it was before the update, what few changes I have noticed are an immprovement.

I will admit that I am not a game player and don't have vast numbers of apps, that being said I do use the phone a lot to check emails and Facebook and browsing news etc.

All in all happy with the upgrade!

Message 16 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Kuno

Please see link http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=51292696&postcount=96

I know those in the link are specific but I'm more worried battery life as it's great at the mo. Blighty59 gives me optimism.

Has the proximity sensor issue been fixed where the screen doesn't come back on after a phone call?
Message 17 of 27

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hey all, sorry for the delay

The good news is that we have approved our updates for the Z1, Z1 Compact, Z Ultra and Z Tablet. For the phones, these are all KitKat and for the tablet, it is JellyBean. We're awaiting all these going live on PC Companion, with OTA updates likely to be following within a few days to a week afterwards.

Not all are currently available to download but we'll make an official community announcement once these have all gone live. I'll keep you posted.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 18 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
@wilpang, in my experience battery drain can be a bit erratic a few days after a major upgrade, mine seems to be ok but it's too early to say.

I generally make phone calls hands free so can't really answer that yet
Message 19 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your replies
Message 20 of 27