O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Android Devices (Samsung, HTC, Sony Ericsson, etc.)

Level 2: Apprentice
Butterfingers

iTunes (Store etc) on to my Samsung Galaxy S2 GT 19000

This may be a rather stupid question but is it possible to have the itunes website onto my smart phone and Android (Asus) tablet?  I have tried to do this, the same way as you download it to a pc, but nothing really happens, it seems to go through the motions, without actually placing it on the devices.  Is it possible/hidden somewhere - or is a case of "your device does not support this app/program".

While we are on this, what does "your device does not support this app/program" really mean?  Is it totally incompatible and we should look for a substitute program for Android.  To give an example, my daughter downloaded the Belt Buckle app for iphone (the scrolling text they were using in the Closing Ceremony, on the athletes' mobiles. I found The Rolling Banner (for Android) excellent. 

itv iPlayer does not want to download to my phone either?  any suggestions.  I know there are a few questions rolled into this question but its all on the same theme.

How do I know when to give up trying?  Thanks

Please use plain text.
MI5
Topics: 259
Solutions: 3,022

Re: iTunes (Store etc) on to my Samsung Galaxy S2 GT 19000

ITV Player is not compatible with the latest ICS, yet.
If it says "Device not compatible" it means it won't even load on your device.
Never tried iTunes but I doubt it would work unless there is a Linux version (doubtful)? What do you want it for as there is probably an app for android that would do the same job....?
Samsung S3 i9305 Dual SIM. Asus Fonepad.
Samsung AtivS WP8.1 Samsung Note 4.
Please use plain text.
Level 2: Apprentice
Butterfingers

Thank you for replying. I have the itunes website on my pc and use it make make music purchases and also when trying to research a song or listen to a sample, its very useful.  I suppose that I am trying to make devices do impossible things.  So following on from this, next question then, what app would you suggest to transfer music from itunes which is on pc, onto my smartphone and tablet (Android).  Thanks a lot.

Please use plain text.
anticpated
Topics: 68
Solutions: 37

[ Edited ]

Under Linux there's an alternative called Songbird which is essentially the same. So as long you aren't trying to play DRM protected files it should be fine.

Also look at n7player which has a fancy interface.

Please use plain text.
MI5
Topics: 259
Solutions: 3,022

For DRM content transfer to Android look at a programme called "Doubletwist"
Samsung S3 i9305 Dual SIM. Asus Fonepad.
Samsung AtivS WP8.1 Samsung Note 4.
Please use plain text.