O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Android Devices (Samsung, HTC, Sony Ericsson, etc.)

Level 2: Apprentice
lj1990

how to block texts on the galaxy s2

I've been receiving quite a lot of nuisance texts, does anyone have any idea how i can block them from my handset? Thanks
Please use plain text.
perksie
Topics: 229
Solutions: 1,536

Re: how to block texts on the galaxy s2

Search on Google Play, there are several apps that claim to be able to do that.

Please support the Disasters Emergency Committee appeal to send help to the Philippines.
Text DEC to 70000 (free text) to donate £5 or online: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Legacy O2 Simplicity 20 - O2 Wallet - Nexus 4 Android 4.4.2
Please use plain text.
stuart1983
Kudos: 214
Solutions: 189

Just delete them or report it O2 & they will give a new number free of charge, they only do that once though
iphone 4 16gb o2 unlimited, iPad 2 16gb wifi only
Please use plain text.
MI5
Topics: 180
Solutions: 2,347

[ Edited ]

Changing phone numbers is not exactly convenient. Do you know the source of the txt messages or are they unknown to you? Is it always from the same number?

Samsung S3 i9305 Dual SIM Three UK / giffgaff
HTC One O2 4G Unlimited
Samsung ATIV s EE 4G
Please use plain text.
lj1990

Yes i do...it's my mother which is a bit awkward! I know O2 can give me a new sim but I'd rather not have the hassle. I know on some handsets you can do it yourself and i've managed to block her calls but can't figure how to block texts. I downloaded an app but it didn't work.
Please use plain text.
stuart1983

i asked this before & the response i received was that although you can block the number from calling you but they can still get through with text messages

Please use plain text.
MI5
Topics: 180
Solutions: 2,347

Unfortunately blocking texts is more difficult than blocking calls. Have you called customer services to see if they can block the number for you. I know some of the apps don't work so it might be a case of trying a few until you find one that works for your phone. Alternatively, try some reconciliation with your Mother....
Samsung S3 i9305 Dual SIM Three UK / giffgaff
HTC One O2 4G Unlimited
Samsung ATIV s EE 4G
Please use plain text.
lj1990

I've downloaded two, one just didn't work and the other said it was blocked but the text still shows on the app. I've already had to change my number due to her nuisance calls so O2 won't give a new sim free of charge again. I've sucessfully blocked calls but there is no more O2 can do. Bit of a predicament really. They've suggested going to the police, but I really don't want to do that. Even after everything she is my mum.

Please use plain text.
stuart1983

Did you give her your new number again? Either go to police, try to patch things up with her or as you have had the free number change, pick up a free sim from your nearest store or order one online
Please use plain text.
lj1990

She got hold of it through work actually, saying she'd lost it and needed to contact me urgently while I was out of office. Looks like I'll have to just get a new number and hope she doesn't get it, just wish there was an app that would block everything properly or something!

Please use plain text.