cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help with unwanted calls and texts

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've had several calls and texts about PPI and loans, problem is the text is from a free message Site so there's no number to block or reply stop too, I'm so frustrated that someone has obviously sold my number.
Any advice on how to stop these texts and calls would be much appreciated, Thanks
Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
I use kaspersky internet security on my phone and that has a blocking feature which allows me to block texts from such things even with no number I use the premium version but I believe the free version also has that feature

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
I use kaspersky internet security on my phone and that has a blocking feature which allows me to block texts from such things even with no number I use the premium version but I believe the free version also has that feature
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'll take a look, thank you so much, that sounds perfect
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

If this persists one final move would be to change your number with O2.

It's free the first time although this does not guarantee it won't happen again.
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Your welcome let me know how you get on slight_smile
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
In practice the likelihood is that your number hasn't been sold. Most of these are random number dialers I.e. They just make the number up.

Like you I get fed up of them. I get 5 - 10 every week. Now when they ring I answer and leave them to talk. It's their phone bill after all.
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've used Mr Number in the past (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mrnumber.blocker) when the phone I'm using doesn't have the functionality built in. I know Samsung have something built into Touchwiz that will achieve this, but I'm not sure about other manufacturers. Long press on the number in the call log and you can choose to block the number.

After a quick Google, it would appear Sony and HTC also support this in their call settings as well.

Message 7 of 9

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
A great tip Steve. Have you used TouchWiz too? If so how does it compare to Mr Number?
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've found anything built into the OS works best (such as Samsung and their implementation in the TouchWiz layer they put on their Android devices), but Mr Number will notify you as well as prevent the call from coming through. There are a number of 'social' features too, such as reporting a number as spam so others who get called from the same number (and have the app installed) will know who is calling and if they need to ignore them or not. It also works for text messages (excluding KitKat currently).

TBH, it would be nice if Google built it into the OS, but hopefully that'll come in the future.

Message 9 of 9