cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

galaxy s5 warning camera failed

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello

Was wondering if anyone else is getting this pop up error 'warning camera failed'  when opening up the camera or the camera taking a long time to take a picture while saying hold the camera steady while capturing image ??

Have seen a few links on this issue (google, galaxy s5 camera failed) saying samsung have confirmed an issue with the rom, so if anyone from O2 is reading this can you comment with what I should do please.

Thanks

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did a quick search and found this report http://bgr.com/2014/04/28/galaxy-s5-camera-failed-issue/ which contains advice as follows:-"Affected customers are invited to contact either Samsung customer service or their carriers, which will likely replace the faulty units with new, fully functional ones."

So I would suggest you contact O2 Customer services as a first stage. 

Gerry

Message 2 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sometimes turning the phone off and on and battery pull (handset Dependant)  helps cure some glitches. 

Message 3 of 19

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
There were reports of some S5's been shipped with faulty camera modules which Samsung are replacing under warranty.
Best to contact them directly http://www.samsung.com/uk/info/contactus.html
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
That does work with the camera failed but not always the long picture taking.
However its a bit annoying having to restart your phone to take a picture.
Message 5 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Was in an O2 shop today but they didnt have a clue and I was in a rush, will try that again tomorrow just dont want to end up with having to send it away and having no phone for a few weeks.
Message 6 of 19

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It's gonna have to be sent away if it is a faulty camera module, I'm afraid 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Even though there is no fix for the issue?
That sucks as I need my phone for work 😞
Message 8 of 19

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yeah they change the module for a good one slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 9 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's not the module though, it's the camera's rom. Samsung have admitted there is a fault and it's down to that with no fix for it.
I did hear about the faulty module's that some were shipped with but with those the camera wouldn't work from out the box.
Message 10 of 19