O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Android Devices (Samsung, HTC, Sony Ericsson, etc.)

Level 2: Apprentice
nicki6733
Accepted Solution

galaxy ace 2 - no internet connection

Hi, back again. Brand new yesterday and still can't get an internet connection. (wifi or otherwise). Have phoned o2 today, done a battery pull, messed on with wifi settings but still no further forward. Anyone else had thisproblem and know how to fix it?

Thank you very much.

Please use plain text.
MI5
Topics: 217
Solutions: 2,774

Re: galaxy ace 2 - no internet connection

Need to know what you have done and how you are trying to connect and to what?
Samsung S3 i9305 Dual SIM. Asus Fonepad.
HTC One M7. Samsung ATIV s. Xperia Z1.
Please use plain text.
Level 2: Apprentice
nicki6733

i have tried to set up wifi from home but i won't connect (contated my sp to make sure i had correct details, but it's still locked) turned wifi off, tried to connect on someone elses, pulled battery. I'm not very technical so not sure what else to do? I treid to connect to the usual, ebay...facebook but it keeps saying temporarily unavailable or unable to connect.
Please use plain text.
MI5
Topics: 217
Solutions: 2,774

When you are in range of your wifi just click on connect then enter your password (correctly, case sensitive etc) and click OK. Wifi will then always connect when in range. For cell data try testing the word "Active" to 2020 and save the settings that you get sent back.
Samsung S3 i9305 Dual SIM. Asus Fonepad.
HTC One M7. Samsung ATIV s. Xperia Z1.
Please use plain text.
Tev
Level 7: Part Timer
Tev

Sometimes trying to find the fault is a bit like hunting for a needle in a hay stack. I'd suggest restoreing the handset back to factory default and seeing if that fixes it for you. However, make sure you do a back up for it.

I work for O2 however my opinions expressed here are my own and not in any way reflective of O2/Telefonica and should not be taken as such.
Please use plain text.