Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

galaxy ace 2 downgrade to gingerbread

peterfc
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi my galaxy ace 2 was "upgraded" to jelly bean when I returned it to O2 for repair. Result so.ooo slooo.w

Can any one please advise how to reinstall gingerbread on an O2 locked phone or do I need to return to O2.

Many thanks Peter C

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

peterfc
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi MI5.

I have tried the instruction above and no joy.  I still get the same start up screen. I also removed battery for 10 seconds before retrying a number of times.  Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Peterfc

Message 21 of 24

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
It still sounds to me like you aren't getting the button presses done correctly.
Do the same but with vol down which should put you into download mode so you can refresh with Odin.
If you still get start up screen it could be a faulty home or vol button.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 22 of 24

peterfc
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi MI5,

I am now able to get into download mode.  I have tried to download firmware form odin a number of times. each time I get the "pass" at the end. When I disconnect it is back to the Samsung galaxy screen.

The firmware was downloaded from sammobile. The version I loaded was the 12th Nov shown below as I am after the faster gingerbread.

Country/Carrier Date Version PDA Kies

United Kingdom (O2)2013 August4.1.2I8160XXMG2
United Kingdom (O2)2012 November I8160XXLK6
United Kingdom (O2)2012 June I8160XXLF1

The download was using the slow free route. I am wondering if I should try the June 2012 version or even try to reinstall 4.1.2.

As always any guidance woud be much appreciated.

Thanks Peterfc

Message 23 of 24

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
So it sounds like you have a problem with the vol up key on your phone?
tbh, it won't matter which of the o2 firmwares you put on your phone but I do think you need to persevere with getting into recovery mode and do a factory reset or it may not boot up with any of them....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 24 of 24