cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

flaw in android ....

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi community!

There is a masive security flaw in most android devises which anyone with a bit savy could if found/stole my phone could keep it...

My question: is there any way (without rooting my device) to pin/password protect or stop my device from been able to be factory reset?
Message 1 of 39
38 REPLIES 38

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I guess this thread is now dead ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 31 of 39

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
@MI5 no sorry I haven't replyed to everyone's comments I'm just trying to get a few different android phones together with different versions to do some in depth testing and then I'll post them here.

I didn't want to say to much just incase so no one used this information for the wrong purpos but oc u all would like to know what it is and how to protect ur self ( not that I think it can be stoped unless it gets published to them and there is a mass update on all phones)
But I could be wrong ill find out soon slight_smile
Message 33 of 39

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Feel free to pm me what you think you've found.....
It may save you a load of work.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 34 of 39

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
You on about if someone finds your phone they can just turn it off, plug it into a pc and factory reset it thus removing the old owners information and and tracking connected to owners accounts aren't you.
Message 35 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable
@MI5 I will do that once I'm home as the network here is unstable

@viridis there is that but also other ways aswell
Message 36 of 39

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Imei block sorts that out
Message 37 of 39

Cleoriff
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Not wishing to appear negative but I have undertaken a lot of research projects in my lifetime. The normal and routine practice is, you undertake the research and publish any findings with supporting statistics, information and references, before you make unsubstantiated random claims

This method is the usual practice for any research... be it medicine or technology et al....

I am not at all advanced in mobile phone technology but this claim that there were flaws in android caused me great concern. Now, as I understand it, there is little or no research to support the post...and due to this I will continue to be concerned until the theory is proved....or not ..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 38 of 39

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
@Cleoriff has it spot on.! It's not ok to make wild claims, when u admit yourself u have no proof and only suspicions!

Ugh, no wonder ppl are perplexed by your post, it's spurious at best. And that's being polite.!!
Message 39 of 39