cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

duplicate texts

Anonymous
Not applicable

recently, my Galaxy S2 phone has started duplicating every text I receive sometimes as many as 12 times.  I have checked with the various senders and been assured that they have only sent me one text.

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93230 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

We have had this in the past where it has proved to have been a faulty sim card. I would get it swapped out at your local O2 store as the step.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

jonsie
  • 93230 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

We have had this in the past where it has proved to have been a faulty sim card. I would get it swapped out at your local O2 store as the step.

Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous Just for information, what messaging app(s) are on your phone and which is the default?

Gerry

Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
You could try turning the phone off ,removing the sim and clean it , re insert and try again
Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27670 Solutions
The odd duplicate is fairly normal but 12 is most weird.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
The odd duplicate is fairly normal but 12 is most weird.....

I have had the duplicate text issue myself in the past though if my memory serves me well it only happened with texts from one source.  At the time I had another messaging app on my phone which I had been trying but did not like and I subsequently removed it.  After that I have never received duplicate messages.  I am insufficiently au fait with these matters to know if that was a mere coincidence.

Gerry

Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27670 Solutions
Indeed that could be a contributing factor.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 7