cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

device plan

Anonymous
Not applicable

Last summer I changed from pay as you go to a monthly plan and added on a new phone, Sony xperia, and I'm billed an additional £5 per month for the phone. I'm aware that if I wanna upgrade now, it will cost me £80. I don't have much money at the moment, but my phone is playing up a lot recently. I had a call and needed to select an option, but the phone screen froze when I tried to enter the digit, the only way to unfreeze it was to turn the phone off. It turned off after a few attempts! Then when it was back on, I couldn't receive any calls, they diverted to my answerphone. At the moment, it's working again. I've been having lots of issues like this recently. If I take it to an 02 store, will I have to pay for a repair and how do I show them the problems when it's an intermittent fault?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122795 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

How long have you had the phone? I ask because I wonder if it's still under warranty?

Reading back in your post ...if it was last summer I presume it's under a year old?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
If it's a Sony then they have a 2 year warranty, send it to them, don't use O2 repair service
Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

It was about July. I'm useless with warranty info and a technophobe too, do you think I should take it to the shop?

Message 4 of 12

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122795 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Just to add...I personally would not send it back to O2 but ask Sony for advice

http://support.sonymobile.com/gb/

We have sony experts here @viridis and @MI5 so I hope they will come and offer any further advice...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm worried about sending it for repair as I don't want to be without a phone as my dad is 83 and not in the best of health so I need to be contactable.

Message 6 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122795 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

It was about July. I'm useless with warranty info and a technophobe too, do you think I should take it to the shop?

No..its still under warranty. I personally would contact Sony....and avoid O2...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you.

Message 8 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122795 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm worried about sending it for repair as I don't want to be without a phone as my dad is 83 and not in the best of health so I need to be contactable.

The thing is with Sony they may advise you and help so that the phone doesn't need to be sent away. Thats why I suggest contacting them first...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks  for your help, I hope they can advise me.

Message 10 of 12