cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data has not renewed and data bolt on hasnt gone on

Anonymous
Not applicable

ive never had a prob with 02 before but just got a new sony z3 phone, usual free unlimited texts and mins, 2gb data wuhich renews on the 6th of every month, first month was great 2gb data on 4g very fast and working great, second month (january) using my phone and got a text saying that i had used up this months data allowence (this was the 8th or thereabouts of january) it should have renewed on the 6th

phoned 02 and they said that they could see that i had 2gb of data to use and could see they text me to say i had used it and stopped my data, couldnt explain it and gave me a 1gb of data bolt on, data back up and running but today went off again and said i had used the 1gb (use my phone to tether laptop sometimes) phoned them up for another 1gb bolt as im paying for 2 and they told me they couldnt add another free one as i had used all 3gb of data ( i havent) so i paid for another 1gb bolt on (which has not come on)

so after loads of calls today and tinterweb searching im no further on, i have actually paid for another 1gb data bolt on and even that hasnt come on, they are adamant that i have used 3 but when i log into my account its telling me i still have 1.92gb to use this month

anyone had this problem as im well sick of it now

thanks

allan

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can o2 not get ANYTHING right at the moment?
Message 21 of 30

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 22 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

I have had the same issue after starting a new Pay Monthly plan in mid-December with an Iphone 6. My 2MB data plan has not renewed after a month like I would expect it to, and O2 just won't listen to my protests after numerous calls. I am just getting generic answers for people who have clearly called to complain that they've used all their data quickly (I've been an iphone user for years, and had 500MB per month previously and never went over this). This is the not the case - I just haven't had the renewal of data processed at all and now I'm running out of data when i should have my new monthly allowance!

My partner started the same plan slightly earlier than me and is having the same problem.

Do you suggest going into a store to try and sort? My experience with stores is that they make you call customer services anyway.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Jacinta

Message 23 of 30

MI5
  • 144198 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions
Only CS on 202 can really help you.
Keep trying until you find someone who will sort it for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 24 of 30

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

As we mentioned earlier on this thread it seems to be an issue with the data resetting system...

Other customers have reported this with data not resetting and it was found to be related to account changes re the shared data tariffs which everyone had the facility to get added to their accounts recently?

It is taking far too long to sort this problem out..:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 25 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally got this resolved after escalating with customer service.

It's all to do with being put on a data share (without having asked for this at all!) plan when I've only got one device. Had that taken off and apparently that is meant to solve the issue.

If the same thing happens to anyone else, don't let CS push back with their generic answers on data usage!

Message 26 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
It does seem that a few have had this issue so thank you for your update which I'm sure will help others in the same situation.
Message 27 of 30

MI5
  • 144198 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions
You are not the first to have the same issue with "shared" tariffs 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 28 of 30

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
You are not the first to have the same issue with "shared" tariffs 😞

Indeed...and its about time it was sorted? Still appears to be a problem a month after we first heard about it..:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 29 of 30

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Hopefully there's a general fix in place rather than on an individual account basis.

Message 30 of 30