cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data has not renewed and data bolt on hasnt gone on

Anonymous
Not applicable

ive never had a prob with 02 before but just got a new sony z3 phone, usual free unlimited texts and mins, 2gb data wuhich renews on the 6th of every month, first month was great 2gb data on 4g very fast and working great, second month (january) using my phone and got a text saying that i had used up this months data allowence (this was the 8th or thereabouts of january) it should have renewed on the 6th

phoned 02 and they said that they could see that i had 2gb of data to use and could see they text me to say i had used it and stopped my data, couldnt explain it and gave me a 1gb of data bolt on, data back up and running but today went off again and said i had used the 1gb (use my phone to tether laptop sometimes) phoned them up for another 1gb bolt as im paying for 2 and they told me they couldnt add another free one as i had used all 3gb of data ( i havent) so i paid for another 1gb bolt on (which has not come on)

so after loads of calls today and tinterweb searching im no further on, i have actually paid for another 1gb data bolt on and even that hasnt come on, they are adamant that i have used 3 but when i log into my account its telling me i still have 1.92gb to use this month

anyone had this problem as im well sick of it now

thanks

allan

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
It sounds like something on the network side tbh, can you check that the data usage section in the Z3 settings is set for the correct date cycle and only mobile data.
Message 11 of 30

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
I'd like to verify too that I don't think it's handset related and it's a bit too common now for o2 to not to be actively sorting these issues quicker, charging for bolt ons in these cases is not fair at all.
Message 12 of 30

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Some other customers have reported issues with data not resetting and it was found to be related to account changes to incorporate the shared data tariffs which everyone had the facility to get added to their accounts about a month ago.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
They do mention a shared data, how do i change this, its a work phone with 2 devices on one account
Message 14 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
As mentioned in earlier replies a call to customer services may be beneficial.
Message 15 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous 

There is an ongoing issue with data not resetting  on Data share tariffs.It has been flagged to IT and they are working on it.

Did you add the 1gb data and paid for it? Did 202 tell if you had used the 2gb tariff allowance or were u not able to use that allowance so you added the 1gb bolton?

Message 16 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
They do mention a shared data, how do i change this, its a work phone with 2 devices on one account

@Anonymous  I've just noticed this comment....Are you aware that the other device will also use the 2GB allowance, as it's shared between the two devices....same with the 1GB top ups... does somebody else have the other device by any chance?

Message 17 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi everyone, thanks for the replys, been into the shop today and after about an hour they have told me im on a shared plan (something i didnt ask for or want) and that i was only recieving 200mb of data, they changed to a shared plan last month for some reason, gotta call customer services and ask them to change back, also im sharing my bosses data which is just 500mb sim only plan hence why my 2gb of data was showing as being unused, will be a very stern email sent to complain aswell lol

many thanks for the replys, much appreciated

Allan
Message 18 of 30

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Same as other have reported - yet another mess up of O2's systems for some people 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 19 of 30

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Same as other have reported - yet another mess up of O2's systems for some people 😞

I best check mine out. My new tariff could actually be 'shared data' Smiley Frustrated What a mess

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 20 of 30