cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data has not renewed and data bolt on hasnt gone on

Anonymous
Not applicable

ive never had a prob with 02 before but just got a new sony z3 phone, usual free unlimited texts and mins, 2gb data wuhich renews on the 6th of every month, first month was great 2gb data on 4g very fast and working great, second month (january) using my phone and got a text saying that i had used up this months data allowence (this was the 8th or thereabouts of january) it should have renewed on the 6th

phoned 02 and they said that they could see that i had 2gb of data to use and could see they text me to say i had used it and stopped my data, couldnt explain it and gave me a 1gb of data bolt on, data back up and running but today went off again and said i had used the 1gb (use my phone to tether laptop sometimes) phoned them up for another 1gb bolt as im paying for 2 and they told me they couldnt add another free one as i had used all 3gb of data ( i havent) so i paid for another 1gb bolt on (which has not come on)

so after loads of calls today and tinterweb searching im no further on, i have actually paid for another 1gb data bolt on and even that hasnt come on, they are adamant that i have used 3 but when i log into my account its telling me i still have 1.92gb to use this month

anyone had this problem as im well sick of it now

thanks

allan

Message 1 of 30
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi everyone, thanks for the replys, been into the shop today and after about an hour they have told me im on a shared plan (something i didnt ask for or want) and that i was only recieving 200mb of data, they changed to a shared plan last month for some reason, gotta call customer services and ask them to change back, also im sharing my bosses data which is just 500mb sim only plan hence why my 2gb of data was showing as being unused, will be a very stern email sent to complain aswell lol

many thanks for the replys, much appreciated

Allan

View solution in original post

Message 18 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
Tethering can use your data allowance swiftly as tablets / laptops etc can download richer pages etc.

Only O2 customer services via phone can answer your queries on account issues , also in regards to the bolt on you say you've paid for and not received the allowance.

Have you looked in your phone to see if any data counter in its settings can show how much data has been used ?
Message 2 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
my phone is telling me ive only used 358mb and my account on here tells me i still have 1.92gb of data to still use but 02 has switched off my data and is telling me im over my limit, keep getting different answers from various 02 customer service workers, thanks
Message 3 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
If I recall correctly the amount in your myo2 for data allowance should update every 30 minutes.

Their has been other threads from where people were saying their allowances were not being updated correctly.

Perhaps check again sometime after Midnight.
Message 4 of 30

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

Sorry but it is really only O2 who can sort this issue. I know you say you have phoned them and are sick of it but it is an account issue that only they can resolve...Unless it updates at midnight..

We have no access to your account on the forum and can only advise.

If you ring again you may be lucky enough to get a more sympathetic advisor?...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks but this problem has been going on all month, first time i phoned they admitted they could see a problem but didnt know why it hadnt refreshed on even though it said it had, she did say that it would go back to normal next month but its a long time from now till the 6th of feb without data and another bolt on doesnt seem to work

thanks for the replys though

Allan
Message 6 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
You're welcome and I can certainly appreciate your frustration.

If customer services are unable to help any further then their is the Http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain/complain option to see if the next level of customer services can assist.
Message 7 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
its very frustrating, had to go 2 full hours today without checking if the world had ended on facebook lol

but on a serious note im going to call into the 02 shop on sunday and see if they can help. easier to explain my problems face to face and with the device with me (its a sony z3 if that would make any difference?
Message 8 of 30

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
its very frustrating, had to go 2 full hours today without checking if the world had ended on facebook lol

but on a serious note im going to call into the 02 shop on sunday and see if they can help. easier to explain my problems face to face and with the device with me (its a sony z3 if that would make any difference?

Not sure but we do have a Sony expert on here @viridis  who I have mentioned. He will come along to give you an answer on that..:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
The O2 shop employee won't really be able to deal with your account fully , but will most probably let you use their in store phone to speak to Customer Services.
Message 10 of 30