cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

correct numeric password

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Wondered if someone could help. I've got a four digit numeric password on my htc one mini. Now I know for definite it's the correct password but it keeps saying incorrect pin. It was ok this morning but by lunchtime wouldn't let me in. I'm out in Florida at the moment and wondered if humidity would have messed with it!! 

Any help would be appreciated. I've tried the usual removal of sim, switched off and on

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 29
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

If you use that link I have given in my first post (for HTC) there are a number of ways you can unlock your htc mini . One other suggestion is

If Android Device Manager is installed on your phone and internet is still ON (Wifi or Mobile data), login to (https://www.google.com/android/devicemanager) and select "Lock". This will allow you to set a new pin for your device.

Other options include a factory reset...but then you would lhave to back up everything first....?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous I have just been onto the HTC website to see what advice they give. Apparently you have 5 attempts to try and unlock your HTC one mini. If it fails you can enter via your google account

Capture screen lock.JPG

http://www.htc.com/us/support/htc-one-mini-att/howto/400185.html

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't have a Google account attached to my phone so I can't use that I'm afraid

Message 3 of 29

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

If you use that link I have given in my first post (for HTC) there are a number of ways you can unlock your htc mini . One other suggestion is

If Android Device Manager is installed on your phone and internet is still ON (Wifi or Mobile data), login to (https://www.google.com/android/devicemanager) and select "Lock". This will allow you to set a new pin for your device.

Other options include a factory reset...but then you would lhave to back up everything first....?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 29

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

^^^ That needs a Google account too though....

Can't believe there is no Google account on the phone though - that's the whole point of Android, but anyway, no other option without one than a factory reset.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 29

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Wouldn't you have needed a google account when initially setting the phone up?

Message 6 of 29

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Phone will ask for a Google account but you can skip past it.
Drastically limits the functions of the phone though.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 29

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Ah ok, that would explain it. Having a gmail account since year dot I have always used that.

Factory reset it is then....

Message 8 of 29

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Sadly yes, and everything on phone lost due to no backups 😞

Currently using:
Message 9 of 29

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I must admit to wondering about that....because everything I searched for first thing made mention of a google account (as if it was a given?)....Smiley Frustrated

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 29