cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

contract

Anonymous
Not applicable
my phone is in my partners name but I pay the bill..he keeps saying he is going to cancel my contract....howkdo I get it changed to my name....plz help 🙂
Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
The only safe way is for you to open a new account in your name.
It is no longer possible to transfer ownership of accounts but you cannot stop it been cancelled as it stands currently I'm afraid.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

you need to phone o2 whilst he is with you and do a change of ownership, if thats not possible just set up a new account in your name. then he cant be nasty to you slight_smile 

Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

If their is any length of time to run on the contract if he does cancel it then their would be a cancellation fee to pay which is the amount of months left x the tariff amount minus any bolt ons.

Sometimes we say things in anger and in a knee jerk scenario. 😞

However if your not too bothered about keeping your present number then open up a new O2 contract.

Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
thank you...I av 12 months left on my contract...if I change it to my name wud I av to av anuva 2 yr contract
Message 4 of 9

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
The only safe way is for you to open a new account in your name.
It is no longer possible to transfer ownership of accounts but you cannot stop it been cancelled as it stands currently I'm afraid.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yes if you take a new contract it will be over 2 years or you could just take a 12 month sim only contract.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
If the phone is the one taken out with the contract then he could ask for that back.

With a 12 month sim only this will not include a phone.

Just a thought.
Message 7 of 9

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

If you are happy with the present phone a sim only contract would suit you.

However, as the contract is not in your name, in theory the if the phone was part of the original contract, the question of ownership comes into play.

To be sure it may be advisable to get a new contract with a new handset so there is no dispute as to who owns the phone.

Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sound advice jonsie. slight_smile

The op would need to be able to pass a credit check too.
Message 9 of 9