cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't call it's showing 'outgoing call barred. It's asking for a 4 digit pin, which I don't have?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have tried 0000  1234  1111  No joy

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
0000 is the default O2 sim pin but it sounds like someone has turned on the setting to restrict outgoing calls on your handset which would require a different pin to be set as part of the process.
You need the pin off the person who set up the call restrictions.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Strange - had the phone and Sim from new, never had a problem to this number before and never set a PIN before!

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
The only other possibility is that you have an unpaid bill and O2 have blocked your calls?
Check in your MyO2 and call CS if necessary.
http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 6

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Call barring is usually set up using pin 2 which is either 5555 or 6666 but if nothing has changed on the phone I would check no restriction has been put on calls by o2.

It may be an idea to get the sim swapped by your local O2 Store as a new sim would negate any restrictions put on the new sim via the phone security.

Message 5 of 6

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey @Anonymous what happened with your issue? did you get the outgoing calls unblocked? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 6