cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

android app updates

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, i have an o2 sony xperia z phone and i'm not sure if my phone is receiving android app updates from the Google play store, like the new facebook app with the new user interface, my sister and partner have received the facebook update but i haven't? And also my sister and partner again received an update for the youtube app but i didn't? But when i checked the current version it was 5.5.27 on the play store but when i checked my partners phone it was a higher version? But when i check facebook it said it varies for device... But i checked the reviews for the facebook app for my device and everyone received the new facebook user interface update but me?

I know it's alot i'm talking about but if anyone could highlight how android app updates work that would be great as it's very frustrating waiting for app updates to come when maybe they won't come at all...
Message 1 of 50
49 REPLIES 49

Anonymous
Not applicable
What phone do you have @paulbacon ?
Message 41 of 50

paulbacon
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have an S3
Message 42 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable
Facebook has finally updated... HALLELUJAH!!!
Message 43 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable
Rofl

Fantastic

slight_smile
Message 44 of 50

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I can sleep peacefully now tonight wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 45 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable
No sarcasm intended wink
Message 46 of 50

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
lol, mine updated too - It's driving me nuts now 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 47 of 50

jonsie
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Some updates are actually backward steps. Facebook n particular was far better in previous versions. They seem now to update weekly but in actual fact are trying to solve the issues with the 'modern' version.

Message 48 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable
People are complaining that Facebook is forcing a user to download the messenger app.

http://techcrunch.com/2014/04/09/facebook-messenger-or-the-highway/

Message 49 of 50

jonsie
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I believe so but I already use Messenger which is ok. But to get back on thread, normally all apps will update automatically if they are set to do so, though a reboot will often kickstart it.

Message 50 of 50