cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

android app updates

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, i have an o2 sony xperia z phone and i'm not sure if my phone is receiving android app updates from the Google play store, like the new facebook app with the new user interface, my sister and partner have received the facebook update but i haven't? And also my sister and partner again received an update for the youtube app but i didn't? But when i checked the current version it was 5.5.27 on the play store but when i checked my partners phone it was a higher version? But when i check facebook it said it varies for device... But i checked the reviews for the facebook app for my device and everyone received the new facebook user interface update but me?

I know it's alot i'm talking about but if anyone could highlight how android app updates work that would be great as it's very frustrating waiting for app updates to come when maybe they won't come at all...
Message 1 of 50
49 REPLIES 49

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
What I mean is a phone on 4.3 could have a different version of an app to a phone on 4.1 or 4.2 etc.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 21 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's just Sod's law @Anonymous

wink
Message 22 of 50

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I have two devices running 4.3 and get updates at different intervals for the same apps although usually within 24 hours of each other. I too find a reboot tends to push updates through.

Message 23 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable
Cheers @jonsie

Seems that method can work on both platforms then.

Weird.
Message 24 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've been waiting about a week but i'll just see what happens
Message 25 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hope it comes soon slight_smile
Message 26 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable
Patience certainly is a virtue. slight_smile
Message 27 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable
Problem solved guys, they came through this morning! Thanks for the help 🙂
Message 28 of 50

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 29 of 50

paulbacon
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Ive not got the update for Facebook, but looking on Google Play others havent too. Not too fussed, heard its not very good the latest version
Message 30 of 50