cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

advice...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi. Hubby has an unbranded S5. This morning there was an update downloading so he let it do its stuff. Since then he keeps getting 'google processes have stopped ' or something like that. It won't go away when you hit ok or send report. Should I just do I hard reset tonight when he comes home?
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122830 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

First thing you should do, unless you have already done it, is to reboot the phone. Turn it off and back on again. Often this is all that's required to kickstart the update and settle the phone into working properly again after the update. if this doesn't work then come back for further help wink

Edit: I have popped back to say after a google search this appears to be a common issue with S5's after updates, usually refers to one of the Google apps which has stopped working .

Take a look at this link http://www.technobezz.com/fix-unfortunately-process-com-google-process-gapps-stopped-error-galaxy-s5/

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122830 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

First thing you should do, unless you have already done it, is to reboot the phone. Turn it off and back on again. Often this is all that's required to kickstart the update and settle the phone into working properly again after the update. if this doesn't work then come back for further help wink

Edit: I have popped back to say after a google search this appears to be a common issue with S5's after updates, usually refers to one of the Google apps which has stopped working .

Take a look at this link http://www.technobezz.com/fix-unfortunately-process-com-google-process-gapps-stopped-error-galaxy-s5/

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Best thing after a major update, back up your photos and other stuff and factory reset, gives it a clean slate.
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey @Anonymous were you able to solve this?
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry. Yes all sorted. thanks all
Message 5 of 5