cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z1 Compact doesn't go to Deep Sleep...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys,

Please see attached as my phone seems to be awake a lot and using at least a 1/3 more of my battery as I used to get 3 days now I only get 2 days worth...and I've updated to kitkat

When I restart the phone is goes back to normal but eventually comes back again

Any help or ideas would be appreciated

Will

Screenshot_2014-04-09-13-43-55.jpgScreenshot_2014-04-09-13-43-55.jpgScreenshot_2014-04-09-13-43-34.jpg

Message 1 of 30
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys,

For other users of Z1 Compact who may have similar issues to myself regarding bluetooth, please check out this link for workaround:

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z1-Z1s/Z1-KitKat-687-Toyota-Touch-amp-Go-No-Deep-Sleep/m-p/6407...

Regards

Will

View solution in original post

Message 26 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

Have you performed a hard reset which is something that is suggested that is actioned after a firmware update.
Message 2 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would too suggest a factory reset it normally cures most problems after an upgrade
Message 4 of 30

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144156 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
It depends what is causing your wakelocks, which I can't see from your screen shots...?
My money would be on an app holding something open but someone recently was having a problem with their modem keeping the phone awake.
If you notice it draining rapidly at any point have a look whats running at that time.
Rebooting with the phone in airplane mode can also help to "reset" a sticky modem.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your replies

I have hard resetted when I first updated the firmware which was recommemded and did a software repair when the proximity sensor was being a bit iffy.

It looks like something switches on after awhile and starts producing the above issues because after a restart the phone deep sleeps fine at 90% at a time but after a little while it slowly creeps to below 50% of the time...

Message 6 of 30

jonsie
  • 93176 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 7 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have mostly reinstalled my apps used previously on Jellybean and uninstalled apps that weren't compatible, the only new ones are Auto Exec and Stay Alive and the above monitoring tools...

Do you suggest using Safe Mode?  And there are no indication on the monitoring tools that it's an app, might try Better Battery Stats as that seems to delve more into wakelocks...

Message 8 of 30

MI5
  • 144156 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
None of the battery apps will tell you much more unless you are rooted, if so BBS is the best one to use....
Safe mode will confirm if it is an app you have installed or a system app but still won't tell you which one - any apps using a lot more data than expected too ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
As a jail-breaker I delete my most recent app and work from there if I get some clashing.
Message 10 of 30