Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xperia Z5 - Firmware Update

Albabarn
Level 1: Joiner
  • 15 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

While we wait for Sony / O2 to release Marshmallow for the Z5, is there any news on when the 32.0.A.6.152 Build will be released/approved, either OTA or through the pc app?

When checking my phone it says it's up to date (Build 32.0.A.4.11) but the Sony support page says it shoud be 32.0.A.6.152.

Thanks,

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Cleoriff
  • 122845 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Nope I will stick to Samsung thanks. I never have a problem waiting for any updates if honest....but that's just me wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 18

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Problems arise when security firms (hired by Google) find "theoretical" weaknesses in software then report their findings.
Then the press find out and blow the whole lot out of proportion.
This update fixes the stagefright exploit, which really hadn't even become an issue yet.
Message 12 of 18

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
Problems arise when security firms (hired by Google) find "theoretical" weaknesses in software then report their findings.
Then the press find out and blow the whole lot out of proportion.
This update fixes the stagefright exploit, which really hadn't even become an issue yet.

I haven't had the stagefright update as yet but the app says there's no problem. The problem is that the media love to frighten everyone and sensationalise things.. Journalism....gotta love it innit....

Message 13 of 18

Albabarn
  • 15 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

To be honest, i'm looking for the update to come through for the system improvements (such as changes to the camera).

Alas, still no sign of it...

Message 14 of 18

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
@Albabarn what changes to the camera are you looking for?
Message 15 of 18

Albabarn
  • 15 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Apparently the update will allow the camera app to open quicker (just now there is a horrible lag I wouldn't expect from a phone running an 810). Also images should save faster, RAM optimisation, improvements to the fingerprint scanner software and some tweaks to help with overheating.
Message 16 of 18

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Cool,
I did notice a bit of a delay, especially when pressing the camera button to open the app..
Message 17 of 18

Albabarn
  • 15 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Update rolled in early doors this morning. Initially i've found that the first camera load up is still a bit slow but after it's loaded it's quite fast. Going to do some more testing.
Message 18 of 18