cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xperia Z3 static screen

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is anyone else having this issue with their Z3? I have noticed on the sony forums that quite a few people are having this particular problem where the phone will show colourful static for a split second or sometimes even longer (2 seconds on mine at one point). It usually happens when using the camera or watching video.

Message 1 of 40
39 REPLIES 39

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

That would be because many O2 stores are only franchise operations.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 21 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I upgraded my phone online. I would have thought though, that franchise or not, they would have the ability to facilitate the delivery and collection of a phone. 

I work different shifts and at weekends, so I can be available Thurs morning or Fri afternoons for example, which makes meeting courier vans difficult, especially as Im not allowed to use my work as a place for delivery.

Dropping off my damaged phone and collecting the replacement from an o2 outlet would of been ideal.

I'll certainly bear that in mind next time I upgrade, however, I have no complaints about their service.

No quibble replacement.

Message 22 of 40

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

As someone else who works shifts and 2/4 weekends I can appreciate the problem, but it's one reason why I like to perform upgrades instore. The other being of course that I know I'm walking out with the phone in my hand and knowing that if a SIM swap was necessary it was already handled instore.

Maybe @Toby could feed back that faulty equipment should be able to be swapped out through the stores. slight_smile

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 23 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok, new phone arrived today. ( delay due to me being out of the country not O2!).
So far so good. No static screens showing yet. Will watch closely and report back.
Still more and more showing the static screens on the Sony forums so looks like its a poor quality issue from the factory rather than a firmware issue.
Message 24 of 40

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
I've always said, the one thing holding them back. Build quality.
Message 25 of 40

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Hopefully you've got a good one, if so you'll know it, they're just solidly amazing.
Message 26 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

ok, been blasting my phone over the last few days, especially with video recording and photos. Not a single static glitch has occurred.

My original was definitely broken and is not a firmware/software glitch.

Thanks for all the advice, I cant say how happy I am with the Z3 now.

Message 27 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable
Happy days.
Message 28 of 40

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Good to know slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 30 of 40