cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xperia Z2 Firmware.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just wondering if I can download the Z2 firmware (o2 variant) from anywhere. I have a problem with my phone and think the quickest way to solve it would be to reflash the 402 firmware.
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144296 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

Just Google for sus and use that (Sony update service).

The programme will automatically reinstall your correct firmware for you and is Sony approved so no warranty issues.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 144296 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

Just Google for sus and use that (Sony update service).

The programme will automatically reinstall your correct firmware for you and is Sony approved so no warranty issues.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for that. My original issue is now fixed, however, I dont think the correct firmware has been downloaded/installed. There is no o2 splash screen during boot and no o2 bundled apps are present. Just noticed that the Browser app is also missing. 

Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Most people would be happy to loose all the O2 bloatware.

Is it still sim locked to O2?

Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
My concern was with the warranty should I need a repair at any point but bootloader has remained locked and sim lock is still in place so all is good. My phone is now silky smooth and does not lag like it did.
Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144296 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Sus will only load what your serial number tells it is your native firmware.
Strange you got unbranded but I see it as a bonus too slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6