cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xperia Z1 not sending text messages

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had my Xperia for approximately 12 months and it has stopped sending texts.  I can still receive them but I have been told that no one is receiving them.  I have checked my message centre and that seems to be fine, I have also tried turning it on and off again.  Can anyone help?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
If this was to one person I'd suggest maybe a contact had been added to a blocked list.

I assume your http://status.o2.co.uk is ok.

You could ask an O2 store to swap out your SIM card which moves your number and tariff to a new SIM card.

Are you able to try your Sim Card in another phone as a process of elimination to rule out the phone or sim card that may be at fault.
Message 2 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Are you on contract or PAYG?
Have you any text allowance remaining for this month or credit?
Are all the people not receiving on the same network or in the same area?
There are so many possible solutions we need to work through them as a process of elimination to get to the problem.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 9

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Try this,
Back up messages using pc companion then go to settings-apps-all-messages,clear data and force stop.
Turn phone off then on.
Try sending a message.
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous was any of the advice above useful? Let us know as it may help others in the same situation...

Message 5 of 9

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Itchy trigger finger there marina? Lmao
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for all your comments.  I tried some of the solutions posted above and established that it was my husbands phone that was the issue and he is on 3.  Thanks

Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for updating your thread and it's good to hear you found the resolution to the problem.
Message 8 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Well done slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 9