Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xperia Z voicemail icon not disappearing

Sammy_boy
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 171 Posts
  • 12 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
I've just bought a secondhand Xperia Z, which is unlocked. Put my O2 contract sim in and everything's working fine but keeps answerphone icon is permanently stuck on the notification bar. Is there any way of getting rid of this?

I had to put the 901 voicemail number in the settings as none were stored on the phone, which accesses voicemail fine. On checking I've definitely no messages or stored ones but the icon stubbornly refuses to go away!

I'm running the latest 4.4.2 firmware available for this phone btw. Thanks!
Message 1 of 16
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Get someone to call you and leave a message.
Call voicemail and delete message by pressing 3.
Don't hang up straight away give it 10 seconds for the command to be sent to handset.
Hang up and check icon gone.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Try turning it off and back on.

Double check no messages do exist.

If you get stuck ring Cs on 202 as they can look at your account.

Voicemail http://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-and-devices/setting-up-voicemail-901
Message 2 of 16

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92911 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 3 of 16

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
The 4.4.4 update is available now so I would update first, then try dialing 1760 to turn off VM then 1750 to turn it back on again.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 16

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Get someone to call you and leave a message.
Call voicemail and delete message by pressing 3.
Don't hang up straight away give it 10 seconds for the command to be sent to handset.
Hang up and check icon gone.
Message 5 of 16

Sammy_boy
  • 171 Posts
  • 12 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Thanks for the quick responses everyone! Tried turning vm off and on - call beeps and hangs up straight away, is that normal? Tried rebooting the phone but no joy.
I've just looked for an update but is stating the 4.4.2 version is the latest currently.
When I bought the phone and signed into it, it found then installed an update, and did this another 3-4 times in a row. Could this have caused any glitches?
Message 6 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

If a soft reset does not help then maybe if after all the tips and tricks don't work perhaps consider a hard reset after you've made a back up to keep your saved data on the phone.

This is like a spring clean to get rid of files and return the phone to factory like conditions.

Of course a very last resort.

http://www.hard-reset.org/factory-default/how-to-easily-master-format-sony-xperia-z-c6603c6602-with-...

http://www.smartmobilephonesolutions.com/content/difference-between-soft-reset-and-hard-reset-on-mob...
Message 7 of 16

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You should get the update soon as the roll out has started, so maybe wait until you get it before considering the factory reset, just incase you end up having to do it twice.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 16

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Also, Sony roll out updates to pc companion before the OTA provided app. It may be worth plugging it into a pc to check.
Message 9 of 16

Sammy_boy
  • 171 Posts
  • 12 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Thanks everyone for the tips! I nearly missed the idea to try calling and leaving a message. Just called myself off the landline and done as suggested - hey presto the icon has disappeared! Thanks all grin
Message 10 of 16