Did you mean: 

Xperia Z and KitKat warning

AlignedChaos
Level 9: Fired up
  • 77 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 14 Solutions

Hi all,

It seems that the latest update was released in recent days, it all looks nice, unfortunately I seeing a massive power drain on my battery (even in standby with STAMINA mode on).

Normally, with minimal use I'd at 73% remaining by lunch time.  Currently I am getting to lunch with no phone use and the battery is at 44%.

Not sure if this is a Sony firmware issue or Google issue as the phone reports the majority battery user (by miles) is Google Services.

I'd recommend any Xperia Z (C6603) users hold off on upgrading for now.

Cheers.

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
There are a number of similar reports across different forums regarding "Google Services" causing issues.
The most reliable fix is to remove and re-install the Google apps or of course a complete backup and factory reset of the phone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
There are a number of similar reports across different forums regarding "Google Services" causing issues.
The most reliable fix is to remove and re-install the Google apps or of course a complete backup and factory reset of the phone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

AlignedChaos
  • 77 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 14 Solutions

Can you re-install stock (i.e. part of Android build) Google apps on a non-rooted device?

Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
You can uninstall updates which takes you back as far as the ROM version of the gapps and then reapply the updates from there....

Currently using:
Message 4 of 7

AlignedChaos
  • 77 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 14 Solutions

OK ta, will try that.  Will have to wait until later though as my phone has already died.

Looks like Google Services was keeping the phone awake for 5.5 hours!

Message 5 of 7

lionwing73
  • 11 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Having the sam trouble here.  Huge battery drain!

Will removing Google services not disable key functionality of the fun such as sync'ing with Google account etc..

Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@lionwing73 wrote:

Will removing Google services not disable key functionality of the fun such as sync'ing with Google account etc..

As mentioned above - You cannot remove any of the Google services.

The advice was to uninstall updates through application manager then allow the apps to update themselves again, in the hope that they install correctly and don't give any further issues.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7