cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xperia Z Recieving duplicate text messages.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, for the past week on and off ive been recieving duplicate text messages from friends (and on the odd occasion, sending duplicates). The recieving dupes has become worse since yesterday, and more random, recieving messages that originally came through a few days ago! I spent this morning factory resetting the phone, thinking it may help - hasnt helped the problem at all. Is there anybody else having similar issues with the network? (Liverpool area). Thanks.
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144075 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Usual solution to this issue is a new sim card.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144075 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Usual solution to this issue is a new sim card.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
You can try removing and cleaning the sim with a soft cloth to see if that helps but as said you may need a new sim
Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
I concur.

Pick an account specific blank SIM card from any O2 store and they'll perform the sim swap in-house for you.

Message 4 of 4